Soaltee Crowne Plaza
Executive Chef Yuba Raj Pokhrel at Soaltee Crowne Plaza has been with the establishment for the last decade. Prior to that he led the kitchen at multiple reputed hotels in Malaysia, India (Chennai, Hydrabad). Academically he has a graduate degree in Tourism from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), India. Chef Pokhrel’s love for food innovation has lead him to acquire mastery in multiple cuisines.
“When it comes to my speciality, I like to focus more on food innovation and multi cuisine. When people talk about Asian cuisine, all of the regional cuisines are viewed under one belt. But there are numerous regional cuisines such as Japanese, Chinese, Hunan, Cantonese, Szechuan, Udaan Varieties, Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese. The same is applicable in Western and Indian cuisines.”
Beiruti Baba Ganoush Timbale with Pomegranate
The Beiruti Baba Ganoush, which is very popular Lebanese cuisine, is perfect for serving as an appetizer during Dashain. This dish can be shared during casual and formal family gatherings, and is sure to be a medium for great tales, and stories.
- Chargrill eggplant -150 Gm
- Chopped tomato- 25 Gm
- Chopped Onion-20 Gm
- Chopped Peppers-30Grm
- Chopped green chili- 2pcs
- Chopped parsley-pinch
- Chopped coriander –pinch
- Salt and pepper- pinch
- Crushed garlic-7Grm
- Lemon Juice- 5 to 7 drop
- Extra virgin olive oil – 10 Ml
- Pomegranate seeds-15 Gm
Muhammara (Pimentos,walnut, olive oil,paprika, seasoning) sauce, millet mini khubz (Khobus), multi grain khubz, herbs bread stick.
- Take bigger size eggplant and rub with oil then grill on charcoal till it is well cooked.
- Clean the burning part and hop roasted eggplant finely and mix it with all above mention ingredients.
- Season with salt pepper, lemon juice,olive oil.
- Timbale by mold then topped with pomegranate seeds and baby mint leave.
- Serve it with accompaniment.
- Platting can be done as per own ideas / creations.
Durbari Khasi Ra Bhuja
The Durbari Khasi sounds as regal as it tastes. Served with three variations of rice, it is perfect for a great family dinner. Cooked in traditional mustard oil the lamb is bound to delight your palette and the guests are bound to ask for more. The dish can be served with a single variation of rice cooked in the format of pulao.
- Cinnamon Sticks (About 3cm Long) 1no
- Bay Leaf 2no
- Chopped Onion 250g
- Brown Onion (fried onion) 1gm
- Mutton Leg - Cut Into Bit 500g
- Chopped Plum Tomatoes 350 Gm
- Garlic and Ginger Paste 2 tsp
- Ground Cumin 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1 tsp
- When the oil is hot, add the whole spices and let them sizzle for about 40 seconds.
- Now add the chopped onion and fry until translucent and soft.
- Add the meat and brown for a couple of minutes with adding salt.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stir them in.
- Spoon in the ground spices and the garlic and ginger paste.
- Add the hand grind masala and stir continuously
- Add very little water and cover to simmer for 1/2hr.
- The water will reduce so add a little more. Continue doing this regularly being sure not to let the ingredients burn to the bottom, continuous slow cooking and check for the well done of not
- Balance the seasoning with given ingredients ( the gravy should be semi and coated with meat )
- When the lamb chunks are tender finished with green coriander
- Instructions for making Pulao.
- Heat the ghee in heavy pan add spice then pour water
- When water is boiled add salt.
- After few minutes remove all the whole masala
- Then add soaked rice and stir slowly
- Add salt to taste
- When rice is half cooked then air tight the rice with the help of lid ,then keep the handi
- on hot tawa and left it for 10 minute
- Plating as per own ideas by using the complete product (Meat, Vegetables, Rice
- varieties and garnishes